I have been blessed to have dated some absolutely wonderful women in my past. Had breakfast with one of my favorites this morning. As seems always to be the case when we spend time, a quick breakfast before work and the gym turned into a three and a half hour meal and conversation. It's amazing how time slips away. She spent quite a bit of the time chewing me out. Nothing new, just good solid stuff. She had some great advice and gave it without hesitation. (That's a positive in my book by the way) Favorite thing she said: When are you going to see that girl again? "Not sure, maybe this weekend." Shave that shit off your face before you do. Point taken…
Next best thing: Why? If you know better, which you do.
Some of the best relationships I've ever had were ruined by bad timing. Someone wasn't ready for something because of something or someone else. Vague enough? Personally I had a pretty good answer in this situation. Penance. I understood exactly what I was getting and understood clearly exactly how much I was vastly overpaying for it. Which to date, summing it all up is quite a bit of myself that I really couldn't afford to give up. But I think that that was kind of the point.
For future reference, as soon as a relationship stops being about the relationship I'm in and starts being about something else, anything else, I'm gone. I've definitely done it. I've seen a million friends do it. Guilt over the last mistake, pay back for the last wrong received. We tend to behave in a reactionary way towards relationships instead of truly learning. We bounce from situation to situation paying more attention to where we are bouncing from than where we are bouncing to.
I hate games. Listened to a friend explain how she was taking space from a boy she sees then said she knew it would make him realize what he was missing. If he doesn't realize what he has while you're there won't he make the same mistake when you come back? Why play games with people? I try so hard not to do that. Not to be anything but straight with people. Doesn't always work, sometimes I can't seem to get it right, but I try. Now myself, that's another story. I definitely don't do as good a job of that. Enough.
Old southern proverb… If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
Have a great quote from Henry Ford on my page about the past. I'm going to try and pay it a little more attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment