Current mood: Bleeding on the floor-excuse me I need to get that
It's amazing how many people want to try and have some semblance of a normal conversation with you immediately after an accident. I know it is probably an uncomfortable and awkward moment, but if you weren't involved no one really cares, I promise! If you are not a doctor or are in some other way vastly qualified to help please be a decent human being and shut the fuck up.
For future reference: If you find yourself at the scene of an accident it is inappropriate to comment on - How nice a bike that was. On how much that must have hurt. On the bike that your brother or other various inbred family member used to have. On how spectacular the midair acrobatics that were just performed looked in your rearview mirror. Also in this category fits, guesses at distance traveled in midair and speed of impact between head and pavement.
On the list of stupid questions not to ask: Are you ok? Unless the person being questioned is Gumby or Wiley Coyote, the answer is most assuredly no! Did she see you? Granted I guess there is the remote possibility that she had a horrible experience as a child where she was forced to ride for hours on end with her uncle's pet monkey in a misguided attempt to create a new sensational circus act that would eventually take the world by storm. That experience could in theory create a situation in which she would possibly willfully cause damage to another person and their personal property but the odds are honestly against it.
Unfortunately these very questions and comments are posed every day. Personally I can swear to it. If you would all please be quite for just a few minutes I hear the sirens getting closer and the nice man with the scissors is going to be distracting me by strapping me down and cutting my pants from my body in order to squeeze my knee in a most provocative way. Does that hurt? Another stupid question. At least he plans to do something about the answer. Nice man. In the mean time, Shhh… I would really just prefer to lay here and bleed on the pavement until someone with some common sense gets here.
I've really developed a dislike for blue Corsicas all of the sudden. Go figure!
-_-_-_-_-> As it turned out. Nothing broken, though two months later my shoulder is still acting like it was sat on by an elephant. Ouch, ouch stop poking me! Unfortunately the Ducati was totaled. Motorcycles are fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment